Thursday, May 13, 2010

End of Semester Blog

The first course objective listed in the syllabus was to be able to draw based on structure. I feel that I have been constantly improving upon my skills in this area and have successfully met the criteria listed for this class. Formerly, I would just draw but not understand and I am glad to have learned the reasons why the figure looks like it does. The composition of the human form is more important than the flesh that lays on it.

I have become much better at seeing the cross contours of the figures and I have learned how to represent them more accurately to show dimension. One area that I have improved more than any other is line quality. I can now make a more confident line as opposed to many sketchy lines and I feel this was a great success for me. I still need to work on line pressure and variety, but I have come a long way in that aspect as well.

On the mid term assessment, I was told to improve in many areas. Since then, I have improved upon my inking skills and my line quality since the mid term assessment. I have also focused heavily on taking more time to capture the figure as accurately as I can. I feel this has paid off for me and I have improved greatly since the beginning of the semester and even since mid term.

I had a very unique experience in Life Drawing this semester. I have learned to focus on what lies beneath the flesh. I can see myself using this in future classes, because it will always help to understand the composition and what makes up the whole in order for something to look like it does. This philosophy can be used to explain many things, physical or not. For example, much of an idea is the process behind it, and not just the finished project.

Portfolio: Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment